Juventus CEO plays down talks about Adrien Rabiot departure for Premier League
Juventus CEO Fabio Paratici has reportedly played down recent speculations regarding Adrien Rabiot’s departure for the Premier League
Rabiot has endured an underwhelming first year in Serie A since joining Juventus from Paris Saint-Germain on a four-year deal last summer, making just 13 league starts so far this term.
Indeed, the 25-year-old midfielder has struggled to establish himself as a regular starter in Maurizio Sarri’s set-up and has been linked with a move to the Premier League over the past few months.
Arsenal and Manchester United are both credited with an interest in the France international, with the Gunners reportedly failing to secure a deal during the January transfer window.
Although Rabiot has often found himself behind the likes of Blaise Matuidi, Rodrigo Bentancur, and Miralem Pjanic in the pecking order, Juventus chief Fabio Paratici puts his trust in the Frenchman to rediscover his best.
“Let’s not forget that Rabiot is in his first year in Italy, and the first year is always special,” he told Sky Sport Italia, as relayed by the Metro.
“At the start of the season, we could see the same doubts over Matthijs de Ligt, who happened to be the best defender in the Champions League [with Ajax last season] at the age of 19. Now I see there is a different opinion of him.
“Rabiot also arrived from PSG after six months of inactivity. He had to catch up with his physical condition.
“That said, he is a great player, someone who is very important for Juventus today and will be for the future.”
Rabiot, who has yet to make an impact at the Allianz Arena, started for Juventus in a 4-0 thrashing of Lecce on Friday evening, as the reigning champions extend a gap on second-placed Lazio to seven points.